A sinkhole on Wednesday has swallowed part of a Light Rail platform next to the Convention Center near Camden Yards.

It's making an already massive water main break and infrastructure failure in downtown Baltimore even worse.

The portion of the platform that was swallowed into the sinkhole gives wheelchair users access to trains. The disruption has downtown workers wondering when it will end.

"It hurts us more because we've been thrown in like a trick box because you don't know what you are going to get from one day to the next," said a downtown worker named Sheldon Arrington.

The sinkhole is another consequence of a massive water main break that happened Monday near Howard and Pratt streets.

The water main break, combined with a torrential downpour, led to the collapse of a vault under Pratt Street. City Department of Public Works officials said the break itself has been fixed, but other needed repairs really haven't begun in earnest.

"Our focus right now is to really make that area safe, and make sure we can prepare the areas," said Rudy Chow, director of the City of Department of Public Works.

CSX is testing the tracks through the Howard Street Tunnel, which had a successful run-through Wednesday morning.

Meanwhile, crews are using ground-penetrating radar to make sure there are no additional voids underground. The Light Rail remains suspended between Howard Street and Camden Yards.

"Me getting back and forth, it's an inconvenience, a lot," said Shawn Wilson, a Light Rail user.

Two downtown arteries remain closed for several blocks. This includes a portion of Pratt between Paca and Sharp streets, and Howard Street between Lombard and Conway.

Northbound 395 traffic is being directed onto Conway. Possibly adding to the traffic nightmare: The Orioles are back in town Friday, but at least one out-of-state baseball fan isn't worried.

"We are in town for a conference. It's a little bit of a hassle trying to get to our hotel, but we are going to be able to enjoy things because we are going to be on foot," said Brandon Russell, visiting from Missouri.

"We don't have a time frame right now. Maybe weeks. We want to make sure the area is as safe as possible," said David McMillian, director of the mayor's Office of Emergency Management.

As of now, there is no timetable as to when the repairs will be completed.