April 14, 2019 - אור לי׳ ניסן תשע״ט
Dear Community Members:
We are grateful for all of those who participated in Friday’s MMR clinic at Shomrei Emunah, under the leadership of Baltimore City Department of Health and Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. The tremendous response demonstrated the seriousness with which our community is taking the need for quickly raising our herd immunity prior to Pesach.
Next MMR Clinic: The next clinic will be hosted by the Baltimore County Health Department this Wednesday. More details to follow Monday evening. Important Note: The County clinic will, Be’H, utilize increased staffing and operational support, which should significantly reduce wait times.
- Many people can receive the vaccination at a pharmacy with a prescription from a Primary Care Physician. Our community Physicians would like to remind the community that all adults, especially those between the ages of 30 and 62, can and should reach out to their physicians to discuss and receive a prescription for the MMR vaccine.
- There are some pharmacies that can provide vaccinations without a prescription to those traveling and/or concerned about exposure to guests from areas experiencing an outbreak.
Please note that vaccinations provided through a pharmacy will require insurance approval or upfront payment. If you are experiencing barriers in receiving the vaccine at a pharmacy and are unavailable on Wednesday for the clinic, it may still be advisable for you to receive the vaccination prior to travel to an outbreak area.
Many women receive the MMR vaccine after birth. Women who have given birth at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore will be able to check at the clinic whether they have received the MMR vaccination postpartum. We are working on a phone line for this purpose as well and will update soon.
List of Pharmacies
Over the next few days, this post will identify pharmacies with MMR supplies. Currently:
- CVS at Target in Pikesville: will have vaccinations available Monday afternoon, no prescription required.
- Walmart Pharmacy in Owings Mills: has vaccinations available, no prescription required.
- Better Care Pharmacy: will have vaccinations available Monday afternoon, call first 410-484-0422.
General Guidance (this should not be used for decision-making - please discuss with your PCP).
- Individuals who are unsure of their immunity should get the MMR vaccine as soon as possible rather than being Titer tested.
- Individuals who have already been Titer tested as immune do not need to receive an additional vaccine.
- For those who have not received both vaccinations who are pregnant or approaching pregnancy, please consult your physician.
We pray that HKB”H continue to watch over all of us.
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Vaad HaRabbonim of Baltimore
Hatzalah of Baltimore
Bais Yaakov of Baltimore
Bnos Yisroel of Baltimore
Cheder Chabad of Baltimore
Cheder D’Kahal Chassidim
Ner Israel Rabbinical College
Ohr Chadash Academy of Baltimore (OCA)
Yeshivas Chofetz Chaim/Talmudical Academy of Baltimore
Yeshivas Kochav Yitzchok/Torah Institute of Baltimore
Yeshivas Toras Simcha of Baltimore