New York City can reopen indoor restaurant dining at 25 percent capacity Friday, two days earlier than previously announced, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday — but critics still blasted the move as too measly.
The last time the Big Apple’s pandemic-devastated eateries did indoor business was in mid-December.
Join BJL on WhatsApp Status: Click here to Join BJL status for engagements, births, deals, levayos, events & more
Join BJL on WhatsApp Groups: Click here to Join an official BJL WhatsApp group for breaking news as it happens
“They have made the point that they’d like to open a couple of days earlier so they can be ready for Valentine’s Day, get the staff oriented, get supplies into the restaurants, and that’s a reasonable request,’’ Cuomo said of the restaurants at a press briefing. “So, we’ll start indoor dining on Friday at 25 percent.”
But already-strapped city restaurant owners and their supporters have ripped the governor over the notion that 25 percent capacity would do anything to keep them afloat — saying they should at least be allowed 50 percent capacity. They also want the current closing curfew extended from 10 p.m. to midnight.
Read more at NY Post.