Baltimore, MD - June 30, 2022 - 1 Tamuz 5782 - Seven Mile Market inadvertently sold some carrots that are from Shemita from Monday 6/27 until Thursday 6/30.
The following items are affected:
- Loose Carrots
- Packaged soup mix with carrots packaged by Seven Mile Market
- Sliced or diced carrots packaged by Seven Mile Market
- Vegetable Stir Fry packaged by Seven Mile Market
- Sushi items containing carrots
Items NOT affected by this:
- 1 lb. packages of carrots
- 5 lb. packages of carrots
- Baby Carrots (packages)
- Items purchased from Deli/Appetizing Departments
NAKIEL Products are NOT affected by this issue.
The effected carrots should NOT be used. You may return to the store for a full refund.
Guidance if you already used the carrots:
Per the STAR-K, any foods that have been prepared or cooked with these carrots are also an issue. There may also be a need to kasher keilim. You should consult your Rov or contact the STAR-K at 410-484-4110 or email@example.com. Note that they should not be discarded or given away to a non-Jewish person. The food should be placed in a container where it can be left to rot or spoil and then they may be discarded.
We apologize for the inconvenience and have implemented steps to ensure this does not happen again in the future.