****STREET CLOSURES DUE TO YESTERDAY'S UNDERGROUND FIRE/COLLAPSE AT HOWARD AND PRATT STREETS****
- Howard St between Conway & Lombard
- I-395 NORTH traffic bound for Howard St MUST TURN RIGHT on Conway St
- Pratt St CLOSED between Paca and Sharp Sts
- Lombard St at Howard BOTH RIGHT TURN LANES CLOSED
- I 395 NORTHBOUND is slow from I 95 to Conway St
- MD 295/Russell St NORTHBOUND is slow from I 895, onto Paca St to Mulberry St
- Pratt St slows at MLK
- Baltimore St slows from MLK to Paca
- Mulberry St is slow from MLK to Charles St
LONG TERM WORK - Baltimore St btwn Paca and Eutaw Sts - ONE RIGHT lane OPEN Unrelated to Howard and Pratt investigation.
DOWNTOWN DRIVERS: Tip for this morning - If you normally use I-395 NORTHBOUND into the city, Exit onto MLK, Jr Blvd and pick and EASTBOUND street north of Baltimore St
***INTERSTATE AND US HIGHWAY INCIDENTS AND CONDITIONS***
US 29: SOUTHBOUND slows from I 70 to MD 100, at MD 32 and from Tech Rd to I 495
MD 32: No incidents reported
- EASTERN SHORE -
No incidents reported
- ANNAPOLIS -
No incidents reported
US 50/301 Bay Bridge:
EASTBOUND - TWO LANES OPEN.
WESTBOUND - THREE LANES OPEN.
EASTBOUND slows from US 40 to US 29 and at I 695
WESTBOUND slows from the Patapsco River to US 29
I-83/Harrisburg Expressway: CRASH CLEARED - I 83/Harrisburg Expy SOUTHBOUND after Belfast Rd - ALL LANES OPEN. Slow from Mt Carmel Rd
I-83/Jones Falls Expressway: SOUTHBOUND slows at Cold Spring Ln
I-95 (North of Baltimore): No incidents reported
I-95 (Baltimore City):
NORTHBOUND is slow from I 695/Arbutus to I 395
I-95 (Fort McHenry Tunnel): No incidents reported
I-95 (South of Baltimore): SOUTHBOUND slows at I 195, at MD 216 and at I 495
I-97: CRASH CLEARED - I 97 SOUTHBOUND at Benfield Blvd - on LEFT SHOULDER - ALL LANES OPEN. Slow from MD 3/New Cut Rd
MD 100: No incidents reported
I-195:: No incidents reported
MD 295/Baltimore-Washington Parkway:
SOUTHBOUND slows at MD 175 and from MD 198 to MD 197
Russell St NORTHBOUND is slow from I 895, onto Paca St to Mulberry St
I-395: I 395 NORTHBOUND is slow from I 95 to Conway St
I-695/OUTER Loop Beltway: Slow from before Harford Rd to Providence Rd and from I 795 to US 40 West
I-695/INNER Loop Beltway: Slow from I 95/Arbutus to Wilkens Ave and from I 795 to the JFX
I-695/Curtis Creek Draw Span: No incidents reported
I-795: No incidents reported
I-895/Harbor Tunnel Thruway:
LONG TERM CONSTRUCTION - I 895 between the Harbor Tunnel and Boston/O'Donnell Streets.
NORTHBOUND lanes CLOSED.
ONE lane OPEN EACH WAY using the SOUTHBOUND lanes.
ONE lane OPEN in the NORTHBOUND tube
TWO lanes OPEN in the SOUTHBOUND tube
WORK ZONE INCIDENTS/DELAYS
SOUTHBOUND slows after Lombard St into the work zone
NORTHBOUND slows from the tolls to the tunnel
***SIGNIFICANT SECONDARY ROAD INCIDENTS***
(Listed alphabetically by county)
Warrren Rd Bridge over Loch Raven Reservoir will be CLOSED until at least EARLY AUGUST for EMERGENCY REPAIRS.
Use either Paper Mill Rd or Jarrettsville Pike instead.
MARC Trains: On or close to schedule
MARC CAMDEN LINE - Trains ARE running again between Camden and Dorsey Stations
MTA Light Rail: MTA LIGHT RAIL SERVICE SUSPENDED btwn North Ave and Camden Station. Shuttle Buses running
None currently scheduled
***LONG TERM ROAD CONSTRUCTION***
*MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ON I-895 NORTH OF THE HARBOR TUNNEL*
The major project to rebuild two aging bridges on I-895 is now under way.
The NORTHBOUND lanes of I-895 are CLOSED between the Harbor Tunnel and Boston/O'Donnell Streets..
One lane of traffic is maintained EACH WAY using the SOUTHBOUND side of I-895 south of Lombard Street.
A concrete barrier separates the directions of travel.
The exit ramp from I-95 NORTHBOUND to Holabird Avenue is CLOSED LONG TERM.
Use I-95 through the Fort McHenry Tunnel or I 695 across the Key Bridge instead.
This traffic pattern will be in place for more than a year.
*SCHEDULED BAY BRIDGE LANE CLOSURES*
Anne Arundel County: Bay Bridge Lane Closures Scheduled for Week of July 8th - 13th (conditions permitting)
HEADLIGHT USE WHILE DRIVING ACROSS THE BAY BRIDGE IS MANDATORY AT ALL TIMES.
The WESTBOUND span may be CLOSED:
- Monday through Wednesday from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning
- Thursday from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. the Friday morning
- Saturday from 11 p.m. until 7 a.m. Sunday moirning
ONE lane of the WESTBOUND span may be CLOSED:
- Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
ONE lane of the EASTBOUND span may be CLOSED:
- Wednesday from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
The RIGHT LANE of the WESTBOUND span may be blocked for about 15 minutes at 5:30 am and at 2:30 pm, on days when there is mid-day work on the WESTBOUND suspension span for worker drop off and pick up.
When daytime two-way traffic is in effect on the westbound span, toll lanes 1 through 5, on the left side of the toll plaza will be directed into two-way flow traffic on the westbound span.
Motorists wishing to use an E-ZPass® Only lane to access the eastbound span should use toll lanes 6 or 9.
*HARFORD ROAD BRIDGE RECONSTRUCTION*
The 107-year-old Harford Road bridge over Herring Run is closed for reconstruction.
Harford Road will be closed between Argonne Drive and Chesterfield Avenue.
There will be local access north of Chesterfield Avenue for residents in the Mayfield/Lake Montebello neighborhoods.
Drivers should use Belair Road to the east and Hillen Road/Perring Parkway to the west as alternate routes.
*CENTRAL AVENUE BRIDGE PROJECT*
- The Central Avenue Bridge is OPEN into Harbor Point
- Lancaster Street is OPEN between Exeter Street and Central Ave
- Lancaster Street WEST of Caroline and Eden Streets CANNOT get to Central Ave
- Aliceanna Street is ONE WAY WESTBOUND between Eden and Exeter Streets.
- Central Ave is CLOSED between Fleet and Lancaster Streets
Baltimore/Anne Arundel Counties:
I 895 NORTHBOUND and SOUTHBOUND between the I 97/MD 2 exit and I 695 in Lansdowne. (south of the Harbor Tunnel and the Steel Bridge)
- SOUTHBOUND lanes CLOSED around-the-clock. Traffic gets by using the newly rebuilt NORTHBOUND bridge. ONE lane is OPEN EACH WAY.
- NORTHBOUND traffic - STAY RIGHT.
- SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC - Shift LEFT.
- Crews are replacing the bridge deck, and the bridge superstructure in its entirety.