As Chaim V’Chessed has detailed extensively, relatives of Israeli citizens may now obtain permission to enter Israel. However, until now, this has involved an exhaustive process of applying via consulates and embassies around the world. These outposts are understandably strained and overwhelmed by the sheer number of applications. 

In recent days, it has been possible for Israel-based relatives to apply for permission for their relatives to enter the country at Misrad Hapnim offices, in Israel. However, the Misrad Hapnim locations, too, have been overwhelmed and people have been forced to wait many hours in long lines at the said offices. 

We are now pleased to announce that a dedicated email has been established for these applications. Via this email, Israeli relatives may apply for their foreign relatives to enter Israel. At the current time, this is only being offered to residents of Jerusalem. The email is

Join BJL on WhatsApp Status: Click here to Join BJL status for engagements, births, deals, levayos, events & more

Join BJL on WhatsApp Groups: Click here to Join an official BJL WhatsApp group for breaking news as it happens

Attach the following documents to your application:

  1. Copy of the passport/teudat zehut of the first-degree Israeli relative
  2. Copy of passports of the first-degree relative abroad (applicant)
  3. Proof of relationship between the applicant and the relative residing in Israel. (Marriage certificates of foreign spouses of Israeli citizens and birth certificates of minor children of an Israeli citizen parent must be apostilled. See guidance on the apostille process here.)
  4. For a foreign parent visiting a minor child living in Israel:
    1. Photocopy of passport of the Israeli child
    2. The child’s birth certificate, verified with an apostille stamp
    3. Custody agreement for the minor
  5. These affidavits filled out separately for each applicant.
  6. Proof of health insurance valid in Israel with a clause clearly stating coverage for COVID-19
  7. Documentation of recovery or vaccination certificate for all applicants, including children.