No decision has been made on whether summer day camps can reopen, but schools will be given guidelines in June to begin planning for a potential reopening in September, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said today, Times Union reports.

“I don’t know whether or not they should reopen yet. … We’ll make a decision on the fall reopening in a timely way,” Cuomo said. We’re telling them go ahead, do your plans … give us those plans by July.”

The governor, during a daily coronavirus task force briefing in Manhattan, said a syndrome that is similar to Kawasaki disease that has afflicted 157 children across the state has made his administration hesitate to make a decision on reopening summer day camps for children. A decision on schools, he added, will not be made until well into the summer months.

“Should I send my children to day camp? Is it safe? Until we have this answer on this pediatric syndrome; as a parent, until I know how widespread this is, as a parent I would not send my children to day camp,” he said. “They’re still exploring this. So, make a decision on the facts. What do you do when they keep changing the facts?” Read more at Times Union.