Baltimore, MD - May 18, 2020:
Bikur Cholim of Baltimore: Now What?
With the constant talk and speculation about the re-opening phases in our community, we all have more questions than ever. Last night, Sunday, May 17, Bikur Cholim of Baltimore held its fourth conference call to address these concerns. The calls were deftly and sensitively answered by Drs. Dov Frankel, Dan Grove, Lisa Hollander, Julian Jakobovits, Lewis Romer, Avi Rosenberg, Ronnie Samet, Nethanal Schwob and hosted by Mrs. Bonnie Pollak, Bikur Cholim’s Coordinator of Family Services.
With over 300 people calling in, the forum began with the recital of tehilim by Rabbi Yosef Neuberger and then continued with an overview of the current situation by Dr. Julian Jakobovits followed by Dr. Lisa Hollander, Psychiatrist, who implored all who are concerned about a loved-one or neighbor’s mental health, to please seek help for that individual.
One can clearly see how confused we still are by the array of questions posed:
• Can little kids spread the virus?
• What if they were previously exposed to the virus?
• How can we keep them away from other kids for so much longer?
• Is it safe to take kids to playgrounds?
• Can we resume cleaning help?
• My baby is due soon, can my parents come to help?
• Do we still need to disinfect groceries coming into our home?
• Can you test negative one day and then get sick the next day?
• Do people from NY/NJ and Israel still have to self-quarantine for 14 days?
• I need dental work. Is it safe to do?
• Can we have our married children/grandchildren from in town for a meal? For Yom Tov?
To listen to the conference call in its entirety, please click on the arrow below:
Bikur Cholim of Baltimore wishes to thank our dedicated physicians who are always ready to assist the community with information and indeed all our needs at all times. With special thanks to Bonnie Pollak for gathering the emails and mediating the conference as well as Yaakov Berkowitz and Rabbi Elchonon Ciment for setting it up.
We all pray for a quick and safe return to our normal lives.
Governor Hogan has issued a First Reopening order.
The Baltimore City Mayor & Baltimore County Executive have yet to issue recommendations.
What are we doing as a community?
What are our doctors recommending?
You have questions?
Sunday, May 17, at 8 PM - Bikur Cholim of Baltimore will be hosting a fourth conference call to help make sense of The Governor’s Reopening Order as it pertains to our community and to individuals in our community. The questions will be answers by Drs. Dov Frankel, Dan Grove, Ronnie Samet, Julian Jakobovits, Jonathan Ringo, Avi Rosenberg and Netanel Schwob.
Please start submitting your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can.
Bikur Cholim will attempt to answer all questions to each individual either on the conference call or with a personal email response.
Sunday, May 17, at 8 PM, please call 712-832-5552 and enter code 20319 when prompted.